Many families now live a long way apart, with family members working in different states and countries, so you might not be near your grandchildren. You can still have a loving relationship with, and give support to, your grandchildren.
- Offer to have the grandchildren to visit you on holiday – together or one at a time. Children get benefits from individual relationships with grandparents, not always in a group.
- Visit them.
- Keep regular telephone contact.
- Write letters, send tapes or videos and include family stories in them.
- Develop some new family traditions for managing birthdays etc.
- Email messages to your grandchildren so they can reply and include some photos.